background

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Simply "Flat" Christmas Card


Hi all!

I decided to do a "flatter" and simple card this time and put my dimensionals away. This card used simple cuts and a variety of papers. The circle is embellished with marker lines since the brown paper and all of the ornaments had swirls and designs on them.



I inked the edges fairly heavily. I love aging the paper. Some few stitches and the sentiment were done with marker. The strings attached to the ornaments were actually a stamp from Close to My Heart. The stickers were also from Close to My Heart. Instead of fighting with a bow, I simply knotted the ribbon this time. The colours on this ribbon tied all the card colours together wonderfully.



I even kept the inside of this one very simple with a strip of sticker running down the edge! Another one to check off my list!

One more thing to mention before I go. I'd like to thank those people who pop in and visit my blog. I am just a newbie at this blogging thing and I don't always post on a regular basis so I really appreciate it when I hear from you. It makes it so much more worthwhile if I get to share my ideas and hear of some new ones, like the Button Candy that is featured on Sparta Savings blog! This blog is dedicated to finding ways to save money and to create memories by creating handmade gifts. A fantastic idea! So be sure to check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out! I love all your card ideas for sure - you are doing great as a new blogger! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Karen, I love it, sometimes flat is good. Or in this case, GREAT!

    ReplyDelete