background

Thursday, November 25, 2010

First Christmas Card

My first Christmas card of the season!


I used the Mistle Toe Paper Pack from Close to My Heart. The idea for the card came from their catalogue. I inked all the papers as I felt they had an old school feel to them. I really like the effect and I really like the quality of the papers and the way they coordinate. It makes it so much easier if I don't have to think so hard about the paper! lol

The cute little snowman stamp is also from Close to My Heart. It is from a set called Share the Magic. The candy canes are also a stamp from this collection and I stamped them with red ink. I used water colour crayons to colour the snowman, which I had stamped in black. I have not perfected the water colour technique yet and the snowman looks more like he's just been coloured, but he is still cute.


As you can see, I popped the snowman up with dimensionals. I also popped up the layer that he is on. A couple of gems and some ribbon finish off the front while a few layers of paper complete the inside. The faux stitching was done with a forest green marker that I have had from CM for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment