background

Monday, June 14, 2010

Wedding invitations

Well, I survived the weekend of camping with the Girl Guides at our Hands Across the Border camp! It started out as a wet weekend but turned out to be pretty nice and all the girls enjoyed themselves. Needless to say, I haven't got anything new to post so I thought I'd post pictures of my wedding invitations.I made these invitations on ivory cards that I bought at Michaels' (my personal craft heaven). They were from Recollections and came in a pack of 50 with matching envelopes. They were very inexpensive. I'm sure I have the receipt around somewhere but cannot find it at this moment.


I used my computer to print out the information first. It took a bit of time and several samples to get it the way we wanted it. My hubby had to approve of it as I thought it was important that he be involved. We had a 1930's theme in mind for our wedding and wanted the cards to have an antique feel.


I used Archival Ink in Jet black for the stamping. The border along the front top is a Jim Holtz stamp. It came in a package of 7 stamps from his Visual Artistry Collection. This pack is all borders and it took some playing to find the one that we thought went just right. The best part about it is that the stamping doesn't have to be perfect if you want an old feel to it. The antique cars came from a pack of Hampton Art stamps. They fit in perfectly with what we wanted our invites to look like. Finally, I used my CM Antique scissors to cut the bottom edge of the folded card.


Here are some closeups. The stamping made them perfect and everyone's would be slightly different which suited our entire wedding as it was slightly different from what is considered the norm!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment