background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thank you card #4

Hello again,

One of the cards had to be for a male, so I decided to make this one more neutral.  Since we were giving it to someone as a thank you for partaking in our literacy night, I thought the scrabble tiles were super appropriate.  Let me know what you think!





 So this card was made from the Cruisin paper pack.  I was surprised at what a different look using this combination of the papers made.  It looks like a completely different paper pack.  The stamp that I used was one that I think had come with a Workshop on the Go, it is called Instant Memories.  I just loved the ink splotch!


 I used a couple of brads and black floss as embelishments.  I cut out the letters from the B & T paper to form the word Thanks and put the first one inside of the film frame stamped in Cranberry.



As usual, I like to "finish" the inside and on this card that was easily done with a strip of the same paper that I used on the front.  The bold colours on the gray, made this card feel masculine to me.  I hope the recipient enjoyed it!

That's all for now.  I have a special project that I made for the school's Art Auction that I will post later this week.  Stay tuned, I really enjoyed making it and did it on fairly short notice!

Happy scrapping!

Karen
 

2 comments:

  1. You're right! The ink splotch is perfect. Your card is an excellent use of the Cruisin paper.

    ReplyDelete