background

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Thank You card #3

Here is another of the Thank You cards that I made.  I just can't seem to get publishing every day, but I guess once a week is a start.


 I used the Stella paper pack from CTMH for this card.  I just love the colour combinations and of course, the damask pattern.



  I was not completely happy with the way the "picture" turned out on this card.  I had a clear idea of it in my mind but the execution didn't go exactly the way I had hoped.  I used 2 colours on my stamps, which I was happy with, but I tried to distress it a different way.  I wanted it to look like an old sampler that had been aged.  I used my CTMH blending pen and my two inks, Tulip and Olive.  I found that when I was blending them, the paper got too wet and rubbed off a bit so it is not as neat as I'd like.  The stamp set I used for this was Card Word Puzzle, a fantastic set that allows you to combine words for all sorts of sentiments.



  
 Here is the picture hanger, simply ribbon and a large brad in Colonial White.


 

  

And finally, I wanted to have the inside done in a lighter colour so that the SCC could write on it.  I chose Colonial White and the strip on the side is the strip off the top of one of the B & T papers in the pack.  I love these 1/2" x 12" strips.  They are very useful!


I hope you enjoyed today's card.  The overall effect is quite different from the two that I posted previously.

Happy scrapping!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment