background

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gift Box and Card Set

Yeh, I finally had a chance to download some pics off my hubby's camera, so here is the gift box and card set that I mentioned in the last post.


The paper I used for this project was from an older package called Passages. These became available online in the "While Supplies Last" a few months ago. I scooped up several packs as I really liked the paper and intend to do a scrapbook of the trips I take with my friend who is more like a sister to me. It was a tough decision to break into this paper, but I'm glad I did as the result was fantastic!

The box is just the right size for A2 cards and envelopes. It is called My Creations Card Box and retails for $5.50 Canadian. The first thing that I did was inked the edges of the box (it's originally white) with my Chocolate Distressing Ink from my distressing kit.




Then I measured and cut the strips of paper for all the sides. I cut them 1/4 " smaller than the actual dimensions. I used my handy dandy pink ATG to adhere the paper to the box. The postcard on top came with the Stickease and I simply layered it onto the chocolate brown cardstock. The phrase "every day cards" was stamped using a small alphabet set of stamps that had been a constant campaign. Sorry I can't give you the name right now, I'm in the process of having my floors redone and a craft room built in the basement so items are scattered all over and some are packed in boxes! I can't wait until all these renovations are done!




I used a glue dot to adhere the bookmark which also came with the Passages paper kit and then I simply slide my postcard into it. The ribbon is from CTMH as well. The only embellishment that is not a CTMH product is the slide I put on the front. The came in a pack from a sales rack at one of my favourite stores, Michael's.

And now for the cards. All of the cards are A2 size and I simply used standard envelopes to go with them. This gift was for an Aunt and Uncle of my husband. They had travelled to visit us so that the Uncle could perform communion blessings for my step-daughters after their baptism. Although they were quite excited and honoured to be able to perform this, I felt it was important to acknowledge it with a gift, I and knew that something made with love and care would be appreciated so much more than a bought item.



Without further ado, here are the cards! They are all made with strictly CTMH papers, stamps and inks. I kept them simple and made a variety of types of cards. I didn't take pictures of the insides, but I always made sure they had a light colour to write their message on and some sort of paper decorated them.

I like the torn paper effect with our white core papers.





I did different generation stamping for the same sentiment, leaving one to stand out. I think this sentiment is actually just a wooden stamp that I had laying around and is not a CTMH stamp.


Decided to change up the colours a bit and still have them coordinate. Love the double sided CTMH paper for that!


Used 2 inks when stamping this sentiment!


Love the buttons and hemp. The canvas buttons were easy to stamp using CTMH inks and a patterned stamp from the Token Alphabet stamp set. The Hello was again a small wooden stamp that I had picked up from Michael's.

I hope you enjoyed getting to see this project, finally! I enjoyed making and giving it and I'll probably do it again. It would make a great hostess gift to have on hand. Check out my website by clicking on my badge. We have a great promo coming up. I'll chat about it on my next post, but I'll give you a hint...think of a child's block puzzle!

Keep on crafting!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment